Great White Sharks Up Close!
See the amazing Great White shark from the safety of a Shark cage! Port Lincoln in South Australia is home to Australia’s great white shark cage diving expeditions.
Rodney Fox Shark Expeditions has gained a global reputation for providing guests with a true Great White experience, combining the thrill of diving with a shark-first approach to ecology, habitat and environment. Thanks to Rodney’s pioneering spirit over the past 50 years a very strong reputation has been built.
Since pioneering shark cage diving, Rodney Fox and his son Andrew have been at the very forefront of human interaction with Great White Sharks. As primary advocates for these creatures, their expeditions and research have educated the public and attracted adventurers from around the world.
Being the only tour operator that has Qualified Dive Professionals to help you through every aspect of your dive, there’s no rushing or cajoling just encouragement and care. The dive crew will ensure you are briefed and comfortable before getting in the cage. Diving with Great White Sharks is what this Adventure and Expedition are all about. The wonder and excitement of being in the water with these amazing creatures is amazing. It is an experience of a lifetime.
This 2-Night Great White Adventure Operates from October to March. If you are seeking adventure and an unforgettable experience jump into the Surface Cage and experience the thrill of seeing Great White Sharks up close.
If you are looking at just spectating and watching them from the boat it is still amazing. You’ll learn about the Great White’s habitat, see first-hand how they interact with their environment. This is an Adventure for all ages, although we recommend children are at least 8 years old, and able to cope in an adult environment.
- Swim with Australian sea lions at Hopkins Island Surface Cage Diving Tender boat tour around the coasts and crevasses of the Neptune Islands to see the fur seal colonies
- Great White Shark Research and Biology talk
- Optional Involvement in current shark research programs
- Towels for personal use and diving
- Wetsuits Soft drinks are complimentary.
- Food/snacks and soft drinks are complimentary, including crisps, chocolate, nuts, and cheese.
- Licenced Bar (No BYO)
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable flat shoes
- Camera Sunglasses – polarized recommended Batteries – for cameras
- Sunscreen and hats
- Personal medical and toiletries
- Seasickness tablet
- 7:45pm Meet at Port Lincoln Marina Hotel
- 8.00pm Board “Princess11 – Settle in – Introductions, Safety Talk and Shark Talk
- Bed time
- 4.00am Princess 11 commences its 70km journey (you can stay in bed) towards Neptune Island passing through Thorny Passage with an hour stop at Hopkins Island where you can snorkel with the Australian Sea Lions. Onwards to the Neptune Islands after a Divers briefing, the surface cage hits the water, get ready for the action!
- Relax, unwind, talk about the day while feasting on the buffet, check out the amazing night-sky, retire to your cabin (no engine starting at 4:00 am).
- Diving resumes in the Surface Cage. We also like to hop in the tender boat, check out the New Zealand Fur Seals and go walking around the Neptune Islands. Leave the Neptune Islands by 1:30pm and arrive Port Lincoln 6:00pm. (In time for the last flight back to Adelaide)
- Port Lincoln is on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia approximately 700km from the capital City of Adelaide
- Driving time is approximately 7 hours
- Direct flights from Adelaide International Airport by Qantaslink (40 – 50 minute flight)
- Premier Stateliner Bus Service (10 hours)