3 Day Liveaboard Cairns scuba diving trip
This three-day liveaboard Cairns tour has several departures per week. Prodive Cairns three day liveaboard trips include 9-day dives and 2-night dives.
Let this professional dive crew take you diving at different times of the day to explore the natural wonders of the underwater world.
Prodive Cairns 3-day liveaboard tour offers a vast diversity of marine life and coral formations to explore. They visit several different outer barrier reef dive sites with excellent visibility over the three-day trip.
Have you ever seen the underwater world at night?
Let this professionally qualified crew take you on your first Night SCUBA Dive.
You may see sleeping turtles, parrotfish in sleeping bags, and sharks during a night dive.
Where will I be going to on the Great Barrier Reef?
Prodive Cairns offers 3-day liveaboard dive adventures with an opportunity to participate in up to 11 dives, including two-night dives.
In addition to diving, you will also experience some great snorkelling across a few of the 19 exceptional Outer Reef dive sites.
Outer Barrier Reef Sites
- Flynn Reef
- Thetford Reef
- Milln Reef
- Pellowe Reef
How will I be getting to the Great Barrier Reef?
In between your dives, relax in comfort onboard and enjoy some vitamin D on the sundeck.
Scubapro Liveaboard Dive Vessels
Prodive Cairns has 3 vessels that operate liveaboard tours on the Great Barrier Reef.
This allows for departures on most days of the week.
- 3 deck levels.
- 14 twin share bunk bed cabins
- 2 double bed cabins
- Shared bathrooms
- Central airconditioning
- Dive deck
During your stay, there is WiFi, catered meals, and the comforts of home.
If you are not a certified diver, Prodive Cairns offers a fantastic PADI learn to scuba dive course.
- 11 Dives in total (9-day dives and 2-night dives)
- 19 remote reef locations to choose from
- All meals, including breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Unlimited Snorkeling access at each site
- World Heritage Listed Marine Park
- Green Sea Turtles are frequent visitors
This 3 Day liveaboard Cairns Itinerary
6.00 am – Complimentary Accommodation Shuttles to the check-in point
6.20 am – Check-in at the ProDive Shop
7.00 am – Depart Marlin Marina to the Great Barrier Reef and enjoy a light breakfast.
11.00 am – 1st scuba dive – Dive Guides are available for those who haven’t dived in a while.
12.30 pm – Lunch
2.30 pm – 2nd Dive Session
4.30 pm – 3rd Dive Session
6.00 pm – Dinner
7.45 pm – 4th Dive Session
7.00 am – 5th Dive Session- the vessel will move to another location for an early morning dive
9.00 am – Breakfast
11.15 am – 6th Dive Session – after breakfast, the vessel will move to another reef location for the second dive of the day
12.45 pm – Lunch
3.15 pm – 7th Dive Session – of the day
5.45 pm – Dinner
7.30 pm – 8th Dive Session – Night dive time!
6.30 am – 10th Dive Session – Sunrise Dive
7.30 am – Breakfast
9.00 am – 11th Dive Session – second dive of the day
11.00 pm – 12th Dive Session – Last dive of the trip. This scuba dive concludes at noon sharp.
Noon – Lunch
4.00 pm – Complimentary Return Shuttle Transfers
7.30 pm – Farewell dinner (additional cost). The crew and passengers get together for a fun night at a local restaurant.
- 3 day / 2 Night Ocean Referral – $70.00
- Advanced Course – $175.00
- Enriched Air (Nitrox) Course – $180.00
- PADI Advanced / Enriched Air (Nitrox) Course Package – $325.00
- 3 Day Nitrox Package Upgrade – $105
- Dive Insurance
What to bring
- Clothing and swimwear
- Warm clothes for the evening
- 2 towels (ocean/shower)
- Dive medical if required
(ask us if you are not sure)
- Sun hat and sunglasses
- Marine safe sunscreen and toiletries
- Certification card (certified divers)
- Seasickness medication
- Shoes are not necessary
- Alcoholic beverages if you would like a drink in the evening.
Please do not bring:
- Sleeping bags
- Pillows:Extra luggage (luggage can be stored at Prodive Cairns retail shop)
How to get there
Please visit the Prodive Cairns retail shop on the corner of Shields and Grafton Streets Cairns the day before your trip departing.
This way, you can organise any equipment and paperwork before departure.
The Prodive Cairns shop is open seven days from 9:30 am to 7 pm.
Health and Safety
Your health and safety are of utmost importance. Please make sure you understand the scuba diving medical laws.
Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below, you will need to consult a doctor and provide us with a medical certificate stating you are “fit to dive” before your dive trip:
- Since completing your last dive medical assessment, have you suffered any illness or injury that may affect your ability to scuba dive safely?
- Are you currently suffering any illness or injury?
- Do you currently take any prescription medication other than the contraceptive pill?
- Is there any other condition, fact or circumstance that may affect your fitness or ability to scuba dive safely?
Flying after scuba diving
Please organise your travel, so allow 24 hours after your final scuba dive before flying. This flight must be in the afternoon on the day after your trip.
Please note that at the time of booking, a AUD$85.00 per person Environmental management charges & charges will be added. This fee includes a Government Environmental Management Charge of AUD21.00, Port Departure Tax and Administration Charges. This charge applies to all passengers travelling on the 3 Day 2 Night Liveaboard Dive trip and all Dive Courses combining the 3 Day trip. (This fee is subject to change and without notice.)